Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Comment Reply

Before the comment reply, I saw a black X20 on the way to Jln Kuching, KL this morning! BJY xxxx. Rushing to work, didn't have time to snap pic.

Anyway, here's akt's comment, and following that, my reply (a short one, as work is calling out...)
-------------------
Hi, I wished I had read your input before doing a test-drive. Anyway, I had a test drive and as much as I love the car's interior (well, who doesn't? So luxurious and the driver is so pampered!) but while taking the car for a test drive on a highway, I can hear sounds like wind pushing against the side of the car, a little vibration on the seat (not much, just a little) and maybe it is just me, the blue lights were getting abit uneasy to look at. Mind you, the test drive was done while it was raining and it was really a test of one's driving! The handling of the steering was ok. However, it was difficult to get oneself used to the way the lights and wiper knobs/switched (sorry, dunno the right term to use) were designed.

By the way, since I drive a Waja, the gearbox is designed to have a straightforward path (is there a term to this design) but Elantra x20's gearbox has an up/down maneuvering path, is there a reason for such a design?
I also found out the engine used in the US is Beta engine, so what is the difference with our local Elantra x20's engine?

Thanking you, sifu, in advance!
-------------------

1. The sound proofing of the X20 is poor. The noise from the tires, high-engine rev, can be quite disappointing. I've done sound proofing on my front doors, rear seats & tires and full boot but still can hear road noises. However, I don't hear any significant wind noises.

2. The blue lights take a little to get used to. I prefer to dim it as it can be quite bright.

3. The gear design (i call it 'staggered') is a brilliant idea. It prevents you from shifting to a wrong gear. I've seen cars (eg. Honda City) at a traffic light shift from P to R! Maybe coz while shifting, they stopped too early. You won't have this problem on the X20. Just push slight left and pull the gear towards you, and it'll stop at D.

4. I don't think the US engine is different from ours. However, do google the GEMA engine on KIA cars if you're free. Too bad the X20 doesn't come with the GEMA heart. Oh well...

5. I'm not X20 sifu, "there is another". Did you watch Return of the Jedi? :D

ps - you can always test drive AGAIN!

2 comments:

akt said...

Thank you for your quick reply/ comment!

Yoda?

JT said...

If u see my links on the right, you'll the the real X20 sifu!