Monday, November 17, 2008

Off Topic

Another blog that i visit is:

http://doctor2008.wordpress.com/

I dunno where I got this link from, but i used to read a medical officer's blog out of his sheer ability and knack for writing. Ever since, I've been fascinated with doctor's writings (not their handwriting though). Anyway, here's an interesting read on the top ten most irritating phrases (and my comments in italics):

1. At the end of the day - What's so ABSOLUTELY irritating about this one?

2. Fairly unique - This is an oxymoron.

3. I personally - I PERSONALLY use this quite often, to differentiate between my personal opinion, to my work (professional) opinion, my religious opinion, ... what else ah?

4. At this moment in time - I use this too. But at this moment in time, I guess its better to use, "right now"

5. With all due respect - With all due respect to those who use this phrase, I HATE this phrase! Especially when overused.

6. Absolutely - I'm absolutely guilty of this one.

7. It's a nightmare - Really? How is "Its a nightmare" irritating?

8. Shouldn't of - *blur* ... must be some white man thing

9. 24/7 - My office runs 24/7. Nothing especially irritating about it. I guess its in the context of, like, "I must have oxygenated water 24/7..."

10. It's not rocket science - I use this once in a while. Now that I read the phrase, it DOES sound quite condescending.

No comments: