Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Snippets

1. I found 2 little dents on the rear left passenger door, near the fuel cover. Actually my wife found it. There are 2 light scratches too. *sigh* Now I really wanna respray the car (white!).

2. I washed my car 3 times in this week. Its been attracting alot of bird shit, tree sap, water stains, grass(?) and other unidentified dirt (yellow stains, white spots, other marks, etc.) Its becoming quite frustrating... but the end result of a shiny and clean car, is very satisfying.

3. Fuel consumption is quite poor. About 30 cents/km (mostly city driving). Going to change to lower viscosity oil and increase tyre pressure soon.

4. The X20 won some Asian Auto & VCA award, "Best Family Sedan” Award for local assembly cars (9th July 2008). Read HERE. What I found interesting is that:
- Only Fleet Asia and Kah Bintang's website reported on the X20's award.
- Bernama and NST reported on the the Nissan bagging some other awards, which just goes to show, awards like these are reported/reviewed by the agencies (Bernama/NST) that are PAID to do so (by Tan Chong).
- Honda bagged 3 awards (that are not reported ANY where else on the web)
- No other information on the web on this award, not even on the Asian Auto website (after 11 days), maybe I'll need to buy the magazine. Smart fellas.

5. The petrol smell after refuel is less now. This time, I drove without aircon for 2 minutes. Minimal petrol smell.

6. At a friends party, my wife's friends, who are car enthusiates, asked her why did I get the X20. According to them, Proton engine is better than Hyundai engine. I beg to differ, and I didn't bother to engage in the conversation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,

It was a tough decision when i finally ended up with X20. But after that, it was a peace of mind. At least i don't have to think abt changing new car anymore for at least 4 to 5 years.

after a month plus driving this car, we have to admit that no car in this world is perfect, unless we can afford a quarter million lah..

nevertheless, i find that the car is quite satisfying as it has the right balance between performance, space, price, look and economy.

so cheer up bro.. don't bother that proton fanatic guy. we are not buying brand here. we buy a car bec' of its features and characteristics.

JT said...

Thanks Redliner!

I'm not feeling down or anything. The next thing I'm gonna do (when I have the extra time), is to research the difference between the Hyundai Beta and Mitsu Sirius engines. May also look into the V6 (6A1) engine.

Anonymous said...

They buy what they can afford and comment on others to console themselves...

JT said...

*aduh*