Sunday, November 15, 2009

Driving the BMW 530i e60

Can't sleep in the morning due to some unexpected issues. It has been a crazy week, and an even crazier weekend.

The highlight of the day is being appointed the wedding driver for Mr & Mrs Lee. The bridal car was the new 530i.



1. This is a huge car. Its monstrous. OK, maybe its not monstrous, but from the drivers seat, the bonet looks super long. I was thinking that parking this car is going to be a headache... and I was right...

2. I found it difficult to even drive OUT of my house, thanks to the cars parked outside my house. Had to repark the X20 for the BMW to drive out. *noob*

3. Took the BMW for a spin the night before, kinda like a get-to-know-you session with the car. So many buttons, sticks and features! The car has an EXTERNAL reverse sensor & display (weird, whats wrong with the in-built one?). Too bad the GPS doesn't work. Dunno how to turn the wiper on permanently. *NoOb*

- The car is beautiful. Few will disagree on this point. It looks super sporty, yet maintaining the elegance of BMWs. It comes with a sun roof, great sound system with subwoofer, sport rims, smoked headlights with projectors, and ofcoz the bridal car deco.

- The car handles superbly. It really is a driver's car. Suspension, handling, horsepower, there is absolutely nothing lacking in these areas. The car is torque-y, with no lag when flooring the accelerator (compared to the BMW 325i e46 that I drove for MY wedding).

4. While parking at the lunch reception @ bangsar seafood, the owner of the 530i was watching me park HIS car. *tension* Even with the parking valet's instructions, I failed miserably at the parking attempt. After the few failed attempts, the parking valet guy (who looks like a night club bouncer) took over and parked it in a few seconds. *NOOB*

5. After picking the bride, the wedding ceremony, the lunch reception, 2 tea ceremonies, I finally returned the car, and I got back into my X20. Phew! I was so relieved.

Driving the 5-series is so stressful. I love the compact sedan, and I LOVE THE X20!







2 comments:

Ritzzuan said...

You lucky guy!!!

JT said...

I'm lucky that I didn't meet any accidents while driving that car :)