Thursday, October 2, 2008

Alignment, Balancing & Cross Tyres

The sports rim shop advised a 10k tyre check-up which consists of:
1. Alignment
2. Balancing
3. Cross tyres

Actually balancing is done first, this is to ensure that your steering wheel doesn't wobble at higher speeds. The the tyres are crossed (swapped locations) and then only the alignment is done.

Did this at C.K.L tyres in SS2, PJ. They charge a bomb, but I'm pretty confident on their workmanship. However, this time I had to wait super long just to get these 3 relatively simple things done.

My car is still pulling slightly to the left, but not all the time. Its really weird. I've asked a few friends to drive and they agree with my conclusion. Today at a flat car park, it was perfect. No alignment problems. But sometimes while driving, the car pulls to the left. Anyway, I've adjusted to it, coz I drive with my right hand and gravity plus my right hand pulls the steering to the right and balances the car.

ps - for those with safety/custom 'nuts' for your sports rim, make sure you bring along your 'key' to remove your rims. Don't waste time making this simple mistake :p

No comments: