Sunday, February 22, 2009

Its all in the details...

UPDATE:
- I ordered 2 drying cloths from Pro D here.
- While waiting for the drying cloth, I bought a microfibre chamois towel for drying.
- Got a blue microfibre glass towel, with cheap windscreen washer
- Dug up ol' rain-x and sonax tire shine foam spray


---------------------

I had a friend with a white civic (resprayed) who sent his car for detailling last year. He invested a bomb, and was initially very pleased with the results. The car came back with squeaky clean exterior, interior and engine bay. However, he wasn't good in maintaining its squeaky clean car. That was the closest I've ever got to detailling.

Yesterday evening, Team Hyundai Malaysia club member haremeow organized a TT at Pro Detailers, at Sunway D'sara. It was an informal workshop from 4.30 pm till 7.00pm of TRAINING on "Car wash 101" to "Hyundai vs. Honda paint compounds" with insider knowledge sharing and Q&A sessions. Our host was Mr. Albert Low (the owner of Pro Detailers), who has an outstanding portfolio, with too many years of experience (his hairline kinda gave it away...)

In summary, what I learned and caught today was worth paying a full day's fees in a training course. I think, if Meguiars were to have TRAININGS like these and selling their car wash packages after the event, they will be making EVEN more money in M'sia.

I've sent my car for VPS, but sadly, didn't have the discipline to continue keeping it clean with regular washes. But now, I'm inspired to start washing my car regularly.

These are some spoils from Eneos. Now all I need is the drying cloth... where am I gonna get that from? hmmm...


Pro Detailer
45-1, Jalan PJU 5/11,
Dataran Sunway,
Kota Damansara,
47391 Petaling Jaya

Albert Low <- This guy is a "detailing professional & professor"

4 comments:

Ritzzuan said...

Oh my God...so fast you already prepare your first detailling DIY...that is the spirit!!!..you may break your back..do it well...result will be astosnishing!

zekehana said...

hehe.. alfee is da man. I went to sunway after TT to get something for my Miri trip. Sent my car for "free wax" at cars (my last free voucher). anyway I've ordered my drying cloth as well, just not sure whether I'm using it or not. I'm one of the guys albert referred to..(Bagi bangla cuci).

Mliven said...

Alfee, long time no see. Now your spirit is back ... maybe you can upload some video to youtube for us on your small project [for sharing-sharing]

JT said...

wan: maybe next weekend will break my back and go for massage at night ;)

zeke: we must have a carwash TT to encourage detailling. Haha...

Mliven: maybe next week. thanks for the reminder!