Monday, February 16, 2009

The Orphaned Blog

Snippets:

- I started another blog about a month ago regarding some work related stuff. Initially, I was quite excited to get it going coz I envisioned that the blog would help educate Malaysians on my line of work. But some where along the lines, I just lost steam. Its true that you should blog about something you're passionate about. Am I still passionate about X20?

- There are no announced job cuts where I work. I don't think bonus or increment will be anything to look forward to. Although our industry should be relatively safe from the global economic slowdown, no one, especially the management are taking any chances. Cost saving and operational cuts are the buzz words now. I bet training funds will be slashed.

- I must admit, I've thought about selling the car if push comes to shove during the economic downturn. Especially if I have to stop working (resign, or get fired). However, that would be a move out of desperation, and a terribly sad decision.

- Petrol prices have been hovering below USD $40 per barrel. However, there are some 'reasons' why the pump prices will not be lowered. Paul Tan has a good write up on the Automatic Pricing Mechanism (APM), and this is the summary:



Some simple calculations for petrol prices in Peninsula M'sia:


Therefore, assuming crude oil price is USD$40, and the Mean Of Platts Singapore is at RM 1.00 (10% higher than crude oil), with the current pump pricing, our government is getting a sales tax of RM 0.48 per liter. So, should petrol price come down? Maybe...

- Potential Poisons:

(a) Airmaster bodykit (Website) - Below RM 2k?!


(b) Stromberg - Quadcore™ 10mm High Performance Plug Cable (Website)


(c) Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (another 8k mileage to go)


mmmm.... =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wat is da suitable heat range for x20 ?
IK22 or IK20 ?