Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bridgestone Thailand, Michelin France, Pirelli Germany on Korean X20, in Malaysia

In my previous post, I mentioned that my front Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline (RE001) tyres have been "eaten" on the inside VERY badly. I had to change those 2 tyres ASAP, however, the tyre dealer quoted Hyundai Svc Center RM 5++ per tyre, so I decided to try to look around first.

My Bridgstone tyres are 1 year 6 months old, with 27k mileage. Two tyres are still good, and have maybe 30-50% tyre thread left. I'm not gonna buy a full set of 4 new tyres just because 2 tyres need to be changed.

At the current prices, to buy 2 new 215/45/17 tyres would cost RM 800-1,000. Instead, I moved the pair of good condition Bridgestones to the front, and got 2nd hand tyres for the rear. Priced at RM 110 a piece, with 40% thread left, they're wider (225/45/17) and of different brands ("yin yong" in cantonese):

1. Michelin Pilot Sport - rear right








2. Pirelli P6000 Powergy - rear left








Hopefully they last me for at least another 1 year. Then will go for a more economical set of tyres.

3 comments:

mae said...

so fast tyre worn out? Can't rotate front to back?

JT said...

The inner tyre totally gone, forgot to take picture to show. Very dangerous to put at the back coz near to the tyre thread already. Had to get replacements :(

Ritzzuan said...

Your front camber maybe is negative