Monday, September 28, 2009

Car service @ Hyundai Jln. Ipoh (Updated)

Dropped car off at 11:50pm at the Svc. Center after explaining to them:
- use own engine oil
- steering alignment check (GDS)
- rotate tyres, balancing & alignment
- petrol smell in cabin after refueling
- center console creaking
- don't change air filter

They have a cafeteria which serves Chinese food (not sure if its halal). Noticed that their lunch time is at 12-1pm, but there is another service shift from 1-2pm that's working on my car.

I changed the coolant and standard NGK spark plugs. Notice the coolant is for Honda cars!


When the car was lifted up, I noticed both my front tyres were "eaten" on the inside VERY badly. More about this in the next post.


Spotted some Incus stuff in the workshop area:


Spotted a black X20 here for service too. Mr. Shahril from Seremban, drove all the way to HQ to fix his trunk release button. Both the cabin button and remote cannot release the trunk. He's been using the spare key to open the trunk since he bought the car (1 year and 7 months ago). The service center in Seremban didn't know how to fix it, so he came all the way to Jln. Ipoh HQ. However, he left without getting it fixed, as HQ people also doesn't know what's wrong. If I were him, I'ld be FURIOUS!


He's got nice 17" rims on his ride:


At the service center, spotted 2 other X20s:
1. At the car park, most probably one of the staff working there:


2. I saw this black X20 when I was leaving, so I didn't manage to meet the Chinese driver:


On an unrelated note, I spotted a silver X20 at IKEA at night:

2 comments:

mae said...

all the way to jln ipoh svc? Is it better there?

JT said...

Initially I thought my alignment problem was due to the steering wheel alignment. Only the HQ has the device to perform steering alignment (GDS). Anyway, I was wrong, its the wheel alignment, and its fixed now :P