Saturday, June 21, 2008

ECU Reset

After any performance modifications, hardcore car owners will retune their ECU to achieve maximum performance. Cheapskate owners like you and me, will reset their ECU.

I've heard of 2 ways to do it:
1. Remove the ground (negative) cable from the battery for 30 minutes.
2. Remove the ECU fuse for 30 minutes.

Due to the Pivot grounding installed, I was not going to remove the gound (negative) cable from the battery.

I've changed a fuse before, to allow a higher current flow to the headlights (HID days). So I thought it would be the same. This time, I couldn't find the ECU fuse in the fuse panel... hmm... had to open the 'owner's manual'.

Theres another fuse box in the engine compartment. Any car enthusiast would have known. *tsk*tsk*

Anyway:

1. The fuse panel in car cabin:


2. The location of the fuse box in engine compartment.


3. This is the ECU fuse (I think)...


4. The fused, removed. Btw, I used a long nose plier to remove it.


5. Side view. Please note to close the fuse box carefully.


Electrical failures may occur if water seeps into the fuse box. Do close it tight.

Hope my fuel consumption will improve.

No comments: