Sunday, June 15, 2008

Avantes and X20s get aquainted @ Nilai

THM met up with the Advante Club from Club Hyundai yesterday afternoon at Nilai for a TT.

I thought I couldn't make the TT and was quite miserable, coz I had to stay at home for a few reasons. Anyway, the avante guys were running late and my wife graciously agreed to go together.

We drove down to Nilai after lunch and met up with mtuc + kids, dr.is, zeke + wife, mohd. eric. Avante guys came over late, but they came with their numbers. 16 cars, compared to our M'sian 4 cars... *sigh*

Not going post all the pics here, but you can visit these sites for the photos:
- Team Hyundai Malaysia
- Avante Forum @ Club Hyundai








I bought a 2nd hand Hurricane filter from avantERIC, who himself changed to open pod. Using "Japan's highest grade stainless steel" as its filter element, this Singaporean product positions itself next to K&N, hitting down on Oil Based air filters. Visit their website and you'll know what I mean.









Tried it out in my car and did a zero-to-hundred and clocked 11.25 seconds. Not much of a performance improvement, but two things:
- The air cond was on
- The car wasn't warmed up. The last time the car wasn't warmed up, I clocked 12.25s.

Anyway, my goal is not to improve BHP, but for better fuel economy and cheap maintenance. Wash and blow dry.

No comments: