Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cleaner Wax

I've been looking for a polish to get rid of stubborn dirt on car. Mr. Albert from Pro Detailers recommended the Soft 99 polish that comes in a chrome can. I'm familiar with the blue can, but I've never seen the chrome one:


Found it at Tesco, Mutiara D'sara today for RM 24.90. The blue one is RM 13.90.


Apparently, the chrome can is for metallic paint, and the blue can is for solid paint. (Source: BMW forums) Some also mentioned that the soft99 polish is very abrasive and can eat into our clear coat, so use sparingly and only when necessary (don't use for the whole car).

Also, their Japanese website only shows the blue can (here), while the English version only shows the chrome can (here). I think the chrome one is newer.

I'll have to wait till next weekend to test it out. Hopefully it DOESN'T RAIN AGAIN!

No comments: