Sunday, March 22, 2009

Comment

An international comment deserves its own posting:
-----------------------------------
STP said:
Hi I am kind of amazed at your enthusiasm over your Elantra (as well as your friends) I am in the US and also started a blog when I bought my Elantra...though I am not into pimping my ride or the car scene. The only thing I've bought for it was an iPod. I would love to get a spoiler, but rear visibility isn't that good already in my opinion. In San Francisco Bay Area there are very few Elantras that I see, maybe 2 or 3 a month, but in many parts of SF I can drive 4 blocks and see 8 Corollas(Altis). My Elantra is black too, and I haven't washed it in 4 months. I shall see how long I can resist.

-----------------------------------
First of, thanks for visiting and posting! I love your blog, its easy reading and informative.

1. I'm not into "pimping my ride" too and I don't consider myself to be "in" the car scene. But am into little upgrades and minor improvements to the Elantra...

2. If visibility is an issue, go for the boot lip type. I'm still not convinced to get a spoiler yet.

3. Well, I just spotted 2 Elantra X20s yesterday, so I guess its more common here than San Francisco Bay Area. However, there are way more in Singapore. Its called Avante (1.6) in Singapore. Toyota Vios, Altis, Honda City, Civics are very common here too. Not to mention our own local cars (Proton and Perodua).

4. From the detailing workshop that I just went to, the detailing Guru, Mr. Albert said a car wash is compulsory, at once a week. I can imagine the condition of your car now (without a wash for 4 months!) Anyway, I'm washing my car right now... taking a break after a layer of wax. I'll post some pics soon!

Visit STP's blog here.

No comments: