Sunday, March 23, 2008

Alignment or Steering Wheel Problem

My car still steers to the left (to the left *music*) slightly. I think I know what the problem is.

While driving, around 40km/h, I swerve to the right, and release the steering. The feedback will pull the steering back to default (straight). However, my steering wheel resolves slightly to the left!

I did the same, by swerving to the left. And again, the steering wheel resolves slightly to the left.

I've done it at a few roads now with the same results.

I think its the steering default position thats a little off center! Will check with Svc Center again. Oh dear... no time to go over again... *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Alfee,

My X20 actually have the same problem as yours... the steering wheel tilt slight to the left.

I have sent for a service, but it didn't improved. :-( I will ask again during 1000km service.

It's might be a tyre alignment problem.


silverpg

JT said...

At least I'm not the only one having this problem. I dun think its the alignment, coz I already did my alignment twice. Once at sunway, and once at 223 svc center.

Thanks for posting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

The guys at SC used a notebook computer to so the adjustment. I was not with them when they are doing the adjustment, so I didn't know they have done something or not. If they did, it doesn't seem apparent to me, as the tilt is still there.

If it's not alignment issue, then it might be a spec issue. Might be more difficult to correct.

I have not tried to do alignment. If the SC can't fix it during 1000km service, I will send for tyre alingment.

BTW, very interesting you put up a blog on X20. Keep it up. :-D


silverpg

JT said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

everyone seems to have this alignment problem but i don't and it makes me feel unsure though i've tested my car alignment on the highway and seems okay..doesn't steer to the left when i let go off the steering wheel. But of course after like 10 seconds the car won't forever go straight right?

since everyone's having this problem i feel that i should too but i dunno..any advice?

should i just go for a check at KB?