Thursday, March 20, 2008

X20 Problems

There are a few glitches, even to a great car like the X20.

1. The alignment is a little out. When I changed the rims & tires, they told me I would need to change the camber screw, which may void the warranty. So they suggested that I service the alignment at Kah Bintang. Which will happen tomorrow!

2. Wiper speed setting is a little crazy. When I turn on the wipers (intermittant speed), there are 5 adjustment levels, with the intervals at the following speeds:
- 15 seconds
- 11 s
- 6 s
- 4 s
- 2.5 s
Sometimes, when set to intermittant speed, it runs continuously. Have to off, push up once, and its back to normal.

3. The head rest thread is coming out. Dunno if service center can do anything about this.

4. This is not a problem, but the car specification; when air-cond is set to AUTO mode, the internal air circulation is turned off. What happens is, when we use climate control, the air-cond sucks air from outside. There is no way (as far as I know), to use climate control (AUTO mode) with internal air circulation. I wonder if service center can reprogram the air-cond controller settings.

Hmm... we'll see TOMORROW!

No comments: