Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kah Bintang - Contact Us

Lets see if this works:

"Hello. I brought my Elantra 2008 for 1k Service at Kah Bintang Jln. 223. I would like to inquire on the air-cond system in the Elantra 2008 model, as the Service Center staff did not provide me a decent reply.

There is an AUTO mode which enables climate control in the car. When AUTO mode is used, the air-cond system turns off the RECYCLE AIR button. Therefore, outside air is sucked into the car. Manually selecting the RECYCLE AIR button turns off the AUTO mode. Please advise whether AUTO mode can be programmed to use RECYCLE AIR.

FYI, RECYCLE AIR button is to reuse the internal air in the car for the air-cond. Turning off the RECYCLE AIR button allows outside air (smoke/dirt particles) to enter the car's cabin.

Your prompt reply / escalation on this matter is appreciated."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alfee! It's me rina from THM. Found ur blog thanks to my great googling skills haha!

About the aircond, when i collected my car the temperature is set at 23 degrees. I noticed two scenarios:
1) When I use the auto mode (temp at 23 degrees), the air cond system DOES NOT turn off the recycle air button. However after sometime driving the car say like 5 to 10 minutes the air recycle button will turn off by itself. So I have to manually turn it on coz of the stinking air coming in.

2) If lets say the air cond is set to a higher temp (more than 23deg) and I on the auto mode, the air recycle button WILL NOT be automatically turned on as well. I will have to manually press it.

As a conclusion I still don’t quite understand how this whole thingy works. I hope you can let me know if you manage to get a clearer understanding about this matter from someone. I’m yet to ask my SA about it.

Thanks alfee, btw nice & interesting blog :D