Sunday, April 13, 2008

VPS - Vehicle Protection System

On Saturday (12 April) morning, I did Paint Protection (PP) and Leather Protection (LP) as part of the VPS "program". They have other stuff like carpet protection, tinting, etc.

The difference between PPS and VPS is:

a) PPS using Teflon, while VPS using Resin. I'm not sure which one lasts longer, but from what limited experience, I touched both materials before, and seems like resin lasts longer.

b) PPS and VPS both require touch-ups. PPS is RM60+ per touch-up, recommended every 6 months. VPS has free 3 touch-ups, recommeded every 1 year. Both have 3 year warranty.

c) PPS takes a longer time, abt 6-7 hours. More effort put into the car. VPS only took 3 hours.

d) PPS uses machine to clay. VPS uses hand only.

e) PPS shampoo more expensive.

Before VPS Pics. Taken with my Nokia E65 handphone @ VPS Auto office Section 19.








Car wash before applying clay and resin:




I left my wallet at home, so I took a cab home to get it. When I got back, the car was almost done, and they were doing the leather protection already. The guys doing the car found 2 paint defects. Gonna bring it back to Svc Center for touch-up.

- One on the boot:




- The second one, a paint smudge on the rear driver-side door. (2 pics)






These are the pics @ home, after VPS and some rain. Pics taken by Kodak digicam.





















VPS: 3 year warranty, with 3 free touch-ups. The co-owner gave me a small bottle of VPS shampoo FOC.



Recommended for all cars, especially black color. When I was there, there was another black civic after me.

The retail price is RM1,080 for both paint and leather protection with 3 year warranty. I went through my Hyundai sales guy, who got it at a better price than walk-in price. If ur interested, u can deal with him directly at 012-3041618 (Eric).

No comments: