Monday, May 19, 2008

0 - 100 km/h again... and again...

Airport road. Two runs. With 2 other people (young ladies) in the car. We went to McDs for supper, cos the McDelivery refused to send over to our apartment due to the riders don't have insurance, and its late, blah blah blah... anyway... thats another story and complaint in the making.

1) Anti-climax
First run clocked 13.25 seconds. It felt like a sluggish 1.6 engine. I believe its cos I just started the car 2 minutes ago, and maybe the engine was not 'warmed up' yet.

2) Redemption
Second run was done on the way back. Before the run, was revving the car and I found that when revved till redline in 'N', the engine will shudder (only tried once). The acceleration in the 2nd run felt much better. Anyway, clocked 11.25 seconds, not bad, considering the additional weight in the car.

Both runs were done in 'D' and flooring the accelerator. I'm thinking how I would fare:
- with a K&N filter
- without the ladies (don't ask for their weight pls)
- with a bolt on...

:-)

Also found this info on Wikipedia:

# 2.0L DOHC engine 138 hp (132 hp in PZEV configuration) 0-62 mph: 8.3 sec., top speed: 131 mph (211 km/h) MT.
# 2.0L DOHC engine 138 hp (132 hp in PZEV configuration) 0-62 mph: 10.1 sec., top speed: 127 mph (204 km/h) AT.

* 62 mph is almost 100kmh.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Elantra

Lookup PZEV here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm thinking of getting the X20. Do you mind share some of below info to me?

1) how much discount did you get or you bought it at retail RM93,888?

2) how much loan can you get and which bank? how's the interest?

3) what's the fuel consumption like?

Please email me at bernardtowong@hotmail.com

Thanks

JT said...

E-mail sent.

art4334 said...

Hi,
Could u please send me the details like what u sent to bernard? My email is arman4334@yahoo.com. Thanks

JT said...

Sure. E-mail sent.

Anonymous said...

Jason,
Thank you for the info u sent to me. I'm confirming to get the x20.

But now i can't decide to get which color. Damn this is hard...hehe.

Black, silver, sapphire silver. They all look nice!!!!

JT said...

Glad that you're made the choice. Good things are awaiting you! Hehe...

Yeah, all 3 colors are nice. But, I wished they had white (pearl or champagne).

Be warned about car washing if you choose black though.

Esky said...

Personally, I wouldn't get the black colour, due to its heat-absorbing ability & hard to take care nature (scratches & dust/dirt easily seen). Is white colour available? White is nice on many cars, especially more squarish ones, but make sure you wash it frequently, or else "saliva marks" will appear all over, especially after rains! ;)

Anonymous said...

Jason & Esky,
You know i had the same thinking as you guys. I like black (my friends are pursuing me to take black too) but the dust are easily seen and need to wash frequently.

And you know i even wished they have white. That would be my first choice. I admire cars that are white coz they just look aggressive (like the white 3 series, civic, sentra...I'm so drool).

Silver cars look bored nowadays (no offense to silver car owners, my current car is silver too).
So which left me to black & sapphire silver. Black or SS. Black or SS. Black or SS. Aarrghhh!!

JT said...

Sapphire silver is a nice color, but black looks better.

However, now my car alot of minor scratches already, and its quite obvious on the black paint :(

Need to send for polish.

Anonymous said...

Can you send a copy of what you sent to bernard because i am thinking to buy this car.

Anonymous said...

My email is law_jb@hotmail.com

JT said...

Hi steven, e-mail sent!