Friday, May 30, 2008

Nissan Bluebird Replacement is Ready for Bookings (Sylphy)

My first car that I drove was a manual Nissan Bluebird. I was 15 or 16, and took my dad's ride out for a spin. What he didn't know won't hurt ME. I still remember who I
did it with. Now, we have its long-awaited replacement, the Sylphy (Seal Fee? Sai-L-Fai? Who knows...).

Paul Tan is on my favourites listing for automotive news. His postings are informative, precise and concise. Although I wish his pics were a little bigger...
Anyway, here's the Paul Tan's link:

Nissan Sylphy 2.0 Initial Details And Pricing

My comments:

- The interior is definately for drivers above 35 yrs old.

- Rear drum brakes? Thats a turn off.

- "The Nissan Sylphy’s 2700mm wheelbase is the equal to the Honda Civic’s which means impressive cabin space is highly likely. The Sylphy and the Civic have the longest wheelbase measurements among the C-segment sedans in Malaysia, with the Hyundai Elantra coming in second at 2641mm."

- Auto headlights that turn on in the dark! Headlight aim control from cabin! Cool!

- Foldable wing mirrors *sigh* why X20 don't have... :(

- The Luxury package includes a full V-kool tinting (but dunno which V-kool range)


Price (West Malaysia):

Nissan Sylphy 2.0 Comfort Package - RM113,000

Nissan Sylphy 2.0 Luxury Package - RM117,000


Pics:










* Pics taken from Paul Tan and Automobilemag

EDIT: Looks like some "bad" advertising on Paul Tan's site, check this out.

EDIT 2: Paul Tan said...

The warning is due to a rogue advertiser that installs spyware advertising on one of the banner networks that I use. I have tracked it down, removed that banner network, and filed an appeal to Google. There should not be a warning anymore. Very sorry for the inconvenience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The warning is due to a rogue advertiser that installs spyware advertising on one of the banner networks that I use. I have tracked it down, removed that banner network, and filed an appeal to Google. There should not be a warning anymore. Very sorry for the inconvenience!

JT said...

Thanks for the clarification Paul!